Preparation at Home
- See Pre-Procedure Packet Link on our website under the tab “For Patients”.
- Follow procedure-specific instructions provided by your doctor’s office.
- For Colonoscopy: Please review your instruction IN ADVANCE and obtain prep. Drink plenty of clear fluids after each prep dose. If you have not had a bowel movement after the second prep, please call the center at 309-268-3400.
- Oral Intake: Please follow instruction on the Pre-Procedure Packet Link on our website AND your doctor’s prep instruction for important information.
- We strongly encourage you to not smoke within 24 hours of your procedure. This includes cigarettes, pipes, cigars, e-cigarettes and other substances. Smoking can cause complications during or after the procedure. Failure to comply may result in the cancellation of your procedure.
- Call your physician’s office for any questions regarding your procedure. Any questions that you may have the day before or the morning of your procedure you may contact the Endoscopy Center at 309-268-3400.
- In the event of an emergency – call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
What to Bring & What Not to Bring
- Please bring your insurance card, photo I.D., an updated list of medications with you, and a copy of your COVID vaccination.
- Please bring your Advance Directive.
- You are welcome to bring your own reading material. Wireless Internet access is available
- You may bring your CPAP machine if you use one for sleep apnea
- No metal jewelry should be worn. You may wear makeup & light nail polish (avoid dark red).
- Do not wear contact lenses the day of the procedure
- Lockers are available for personal clothing-please leave valuables at home.
MEDICATIONS & LAB WORK
- Bring a list of current medications (dosage & frequency). Include over-the-counter & herbal medicine. Bring your inhaler if you have one. Follow your physician’s instructions regarding medications prior to procedure. Any patient currently taking Coumadin may have a blood test drawn upon admission.
- Any female who hasn’t had a hysterectomy or gone through menopause, must provide a urine sample on arrival
- Please arrive 45 minutes prior to scheduled procedure time. Please note due to schedule changes, you may be called to come at a different time.
- A responsible Adult Must be Available by Phone at all times. The responsible adult must also drive you home & be able to assist you at home after discharge. There are no exceptions to the above rule. Taxi cabs & city buses are prohibited.
Parking / Map
- Free Valet is available at the main entrance of Medical Office Center, Monday – Friday from 6:00 am to 5:30 pm. Hospital security will assist with after-hours retrieval of your vehicle if necessary
- Handicap Parking is accessible near the entrance of the Medical Office Center
Length of Stay
- Length of stay from admission to discharge averages 2 hours
After Your Procedure
- You will receive instructions regarding diet, medications, activity, findings, and aftercare.
- Following anesthesia, you are considered under the influence of drugs. DO NOT drive for 24 hours..
- If you have Obstructive Sleep Apnea, a responsible adult must remain at your side to observe you for at least 2 hours after discharge.If you have any breathing problems- CALL 911